Why do you need a dentist for Botox or Dermal Fillers?
Many healthcare professionals apart from dentists also provide Botox and Dermal Filler services. But it is only dentists who are experts of the facial muscles of the maxillofacial areas (chin to forehead). They have received extensive theoretical and practical training in the aspect of the anatomy of these muscles and are thus more proficient for the task.
Secondly, with the advancement of science and technology, dentists can now provide holistic treatments to improve and enhance the muscles around the mouth. Not just ageing or wrinkles, but problems like a gummy smile, bruxism, TMJ dysfunction, etc. can also be treated by a dentist using Botox, Dermal Fillers and other treatment methods.
The following points comprehensively differentiate dentists from other professionals providing these services:
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of facial muscles.
- Can deal with other specialised issues as well apart from the basic ageing issues.
- Extensive knowledge of the dynamics of facial muscle expressions.
- Carry extensive training and experience in injection anaesthesia and other injections.
- Take into account the size proportions of the oral cavity and the face before carrying out the treatment.
- Trained and authorised to carry out Botox and Dermal Fillers using best techniques.